Saturday, January 18, 2014

this new life

Hey, Beloved ♥

I'm still working on the moon intentions post, but  first, I just have to share how incredibly excited I am for this new chapter of our life.

It's been growing, and this morning it is bursting!

I remember living in our last little house and dreaming wildly about all of the incredible details of living on the road.

We got to live those.

I say that with so much gratitude and so much fullness in my heart.

And since we can't live on the road now, I am dreaming wildly of living in a little home-not-on-wheels again :)

For more of this hOMe eye-candy, come check out my Pinterest board
I'm excited about living in a house, in our own little house, or apartment. Some funky little spot that's gonna be just perfect for us.

I'm excited about things like my oldest having her own room and enabling her to get to decorate it (!!), and my little ones having a playroom filled with toys. I'm excited about finding furniture and filling our new home with things from the funky little thrift shops and yard sales of the sweet little beachy community we are heading to.

I'm excited about having a bookshelf again and filling it with a library of books about our favorite things, and baskets (!!!) overflowing with arts and crafting supplies again.

I'm excited about having plants all over my house and flowers outside.

I'm excited to have a kitchen where I can brew our own kombucha (I am currently growing our own scoby and gathering supplies to start our first batch this next week!!), and I can live and grow my family in a way that is more even aligned with my green-sustainable values, ways that we weren't able to do in the van.

I look forward to cooking and baking, to finding ways to nourish my whole family in our new food journey.

I look forward to easy daily rhythms of doing dishes and laundry and mopping floors.

Words cannot describe how excited I am to sew at will again. OH.MY.GOSH.

And garden and compost. Maybe backyard chickens.

I have been tucking all of my homestead favorites away in a hope chest in my heart, and now I get to unpack it. And I will have a big giant space in life to grow it all into!

And I will be close enough to visit my mommy and her goats and little farm every week. And we will be here when she is overloaded with goat babies in a couple months! OH.MY.CUTENESS.

I am excited about finding a T1 (type 1 diabetes) tribe in the beautiful little community we will be in. This community is my people - artsy, spiritual, beachy, hippies who have always melted me at parks and the library with the way they interact with their children ♥ A community of people who eat like we do and love like we do and share our values. This community healed me once before, and I look forward to it nourishing me while I start growing this new chapter of our new life.

I am excited about staying in this one community for longer than a few weeks, about knowing our way around to all the places and things that light us up - farmers markets, parks, the library, a sacred beach, women's circles, unschoolers.

I look forward to our beloveds coming to visit from all over the country. Come see us! Come stay with us now ♥

I'm excited about finding our way to still travel. Day trips. Long road trips. This gypsy spirit is not done, and we don't need to be. When we are ready, we will find a way to hit that road again.

And until we are ready, we have a whole life buffet before us in our new home, continuing to grow and live in the ways that nourish our hearts, our souls, our bodies. Ways that are authentic and intentional.

What an incredible, beautiful opportunity to get to live another part of our life that we love so much, too. A beautiful mash-up of gypsy and homestead.

Oh, I can't wait!!

Will you take that journey with me? ♥

No comments: