Sunday, August 3, 2014

Our 3 Year Nomadiversary

Yes, Darlings. 3 years!!

Thanks to Timehop (an app that shows me all the pictures I took with my iphone + Facebook statuses/pictures I shared on that date every year in the past), I have been watching with anticipation as my own journey from a house onto the road unfolded.

I was able to see and semi-relive (or at least remember) some big parts of that journey.

Plus things that happened in other years around this time. This seems to be a special time of year where I feel drawn toward movement and making things happen. Mmmhmmmm.

I find it interesting that, currently, we are in a place in our life where we are so ready to transition back into a house and travel only part time.

I would see posts about my frustration about getting onto the road, and I feel solidarity with my past self in frustration trying to get into a house now.

This has been an incredible journey.

My baby has lived on the road longer than she has lived in a house - I love that fact :))

We have had QUITE a journey, full of adventures. We have done things I never thought we would do. We have experienced way more than I ever expected.

The road life has completely transformed us, as a family, as individuals.

We have met the most incredible people and seen the most beautiful landscapes.

We have lived a kind of simplicity + abundance that is unique to back-packing type travel.

I feel like a seasoned road-liver now. We can officially turn in our amateur status and get the cool badges :D

Even though we are looking for a house as a hOMebase, we will always be gypsies at heart. We will always be planning our next trip. We will always be road-dreaming. We will be finding excuses to take daytrips and roadtrips. I am not going to stop advocating for families to be able to fulfill their road dreams by considering vanpacking.

In fact, I am going to be getting more serious about this, by sharing videos about how we do it, to help families see it as a possibility, and to get through the learning curve a little easier.

I have been having some technical difficulties, so I am limited in pictures I can share with you to the last year, but here is a little collage that captures the gypsy om of this little bliss life.

































 
Sending much bliss to you, Love!
Nova

No comments: