Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wow! Community :)

So, I have been really wanting more community, a tribe really, in my life. A week or so ago, I wrote it down: "I'm creating my tribe." Since I put it out so intentionally, I have had a few things come about... First of all, I recreated (and am co-creating) a virtual tribe (called Earthy Tribal Mamas) with people whom I first felt the tribe dynamic with -- CafeMom is not my favorite venue (can be a bit mainstreamish), but it is convenient for the ones I miss and love so much, so I love it! Having that space that we share is an emotional anchor in ways I can't find the words for. I feel secure, connected, plugged back in <3
Secondly, I started a local learning co-opt that got rave interest in the Earthy Tribal Mamas, so we decided to make an umbrella national group to pool creative learning ideas, and then local "tribes" all over the country (whoever wants to start one). I will share more about this, as it develops -- still in very early planning stages :))
Thirdly, my daughter expressed that one of the biggest frustrations in her life was the lack of friendship and such, and I realized that she is suffering from lack of a tribe as I am, and this helped me to find absolute and authentic sympathy and understanding for her <3 It also helped me to find out what I can do to help <3 And then the next day at park day, we had a new family join us, and the 9-yr-old daughter got along famously with Kass (they were saying they were twins) -- come to find out, they live about 10 minutes from us!
And fourthly, today we visited a homeschool park day about a mile from our house, that I just heard about a couple weeks ago, and found that a couple families from our county-wide group attend, and I was able to reconnect with a homeschool friend/family from our past!!! I cannot begin to express my joy about this park day. It has wonderful families that I enjoy, and bigger kids for my 11-yr-old (she's the oldest at our other park day), and one of my son's favorite friends. It is so close, no excuses about driving and gas :) I can see my home from up on top of that hill :)) I am just thrilled -- beautiful park, wonderful families, gobs of fun for all, couldn't get much closer to our home... *big deep sigh*
Community. I feel our tribe coming together :))

3 comments:

Blatantly Brazen and Judgmental said...

Hi Vanessa, that was nice to meet you today at the park. I like reading your blog. We may have some similar things going on.
Monika (Ania and Alexandra's mom)

Nova said...

Thank you, Monika :)) I was very honored today when you said you read my blog :)))) It inspired me to want to write more again -- life got crazy with the move, but I think I'm ready to be back :)

It was so wonderful to see you and the girls today :) I'm so excited about this new parkday for us :))

I was reading some of your blog, and you were wanting to start your own business, a shop to sell local mamas' hand made items. We have that in common, too! I really look forward to getting more time to create and then selling my carriers and diapers and such :))

I look forward to finding more ways we have things in common <3

mb said...

yay how wonderful, mama! i'm glad that you are feeling so many connections being built and restored right now. that is a great feeling, and so wonderful how it grew out of your very own intentions. :)