Thursday, September 15, 2011

Peace

During all the chaos, I had a few moments when we were driving by a gentleman sitting at the entrance of a shopping center collecting change, and we would make eye contact and he would throw up the peace sign, and everything inside me would rise up and resound, "Yeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!"

Peace. Oneness. That is what this is all about.

I saw this same gentleman a handful of times - each one reminding me of the beautiful humanity of people. This man touched my soul and my journey in ways he never could have imagined. It was like an amazing photograph -- in a pocket in this crazy world is the eye of the storm: the gentleman with the peace sign.

He reminded me of this graphic that I have loved so much for so many years:


So, Monday was the day I wrapped up our storage situation. My friend's garage no longer holds anything that belongs to me, and the van (that we are still trying to sell) only has in it a folding table and chairs and 2 large hula hoops that we will probably strap to top of an economy car that we will buy when we sell the van :)) Yesterday, as I situated our stuff in a more permanent manner, I realized that we can comfortably live with what we own right now. Wow. That is amazing. It only took 1 1/2 months longer than I had anticipated LOL

Peace. Stuff peace. If the whole world went quiet and you sat down in the middle and meditated without interruption - THAT is the calm I feel from having stuff peace.

Ahhh, peace.

On, Tuesday, we were driving down to the beach, and I spotted a woman in a crowd waiting to cross the street with dreads that stuck up in all directions on her head. I couldn't help but smile big to her, and she smiled back -- an enthusiastic "That's right" kind of smile :) And as she passed by us to cross the street, she held up 2 fingers to share a moment of global peace and oneness with me.

I almost died!!!!!!! The peace sign again. I haven't seen so many peace signs (and from a delicious rainbow of folks) since the 60s -- okay, I was in the womb in the 60s, but I can imagine :)

The beach was A.MAZ.ING. It was just what this wild zen tribe needed, just what this peace-seeking bohemian Pisces mama needed. And there, we found peace in the sand...


This trip to the beach rivaled the overnight campsite for soul nourishment. This is exactly why we gave up everything we owned and moved into an RV. Boondocking and staying in our old neighborhood were great for my tiny wallet, but staying in these spots made me remember why I want to flourish in self-sustainability! I want this to be my life. The inner peace that I find when we are parked somewhere where we can get out and explore overnight fills me up in ways I can only begin to explain. I want this to be my life.

Peace to you, Dearest Tribe ♥

No comments: