Sunday, May 20, 2012

Shameless Confession-festo!

Wowsers! I wrote this over a year ago, and it sat in my drafts, probably waiting in knowing that this day would come. I am sharing this one with the world, and I'm not changing anything or "finishing" it. Here ya go!

I don't do anything perfect, and recently I have decided to shrug off trying. I just do whatever comes up and know that there will always be more inevitably. My work is truly never done (even when I previously thought it WAS perfect).

My house is not peaceful or gentle -- it mortifies most traditional folks, and it can be embaressing around my more radical folks, especially when my daughter or I lose it. But what it is wildly loving, authentically interesting, and wholey sincere.

We value the sacred, but are not reverant. I let my kids touch my alter stuff, throw my special stones in their water table and watch the splash they get with glee, smudge up my Gaia statue with fingerprints, draw in my grimoires... It's the kids-version of spirituality, and I think the goddess, being the mama she is, wouldn't be nearly as offended as some of her followers.

I am a word weaver. So, my mistypings are either intentional playing with words or not important enough to go back and fiddle with after the flow. It just is what it is, regardless of the fact that some see it as an indicator of one's professionalness or education. Well, I just have one thing to say to those... :P (that's me sticking my tongue out -- I'm so mature and professional).

I'm gonna live my life, and that will probably include giving up a beautiful home and all our hard-earned belongings and living in a hippie-mobile, one gas tank at a time, one panoramic view out our windows at a time, one new sunrise at a time. That also means the likelihood of my kids being formally educated plummets like my own reasons to conform.

I am wildly in love with myself. I am so fascinating to me -- everything I am interested in interests me (haha, go figure!). It's like living with my favorite person in the whole world. Yay me! I can't wait to see me grow and explore a self-designed lilfe.

In my family, we gender-bend. My oldest daughter looks and acts like a feminine boy -- you can only begin to imagine ;) My son's favorite shirt is a pink seahorse Eric Carle one, and he is the sweetest softest person in the family, even when he is fighting bad guys. My baby girl is built like a linebacker and tickled by painted nails, jewelry, and new shoes as she romps around in the mud and explores the world independently. I am a big tussled ball of beauty ideals and gender and sexuality (a nuther post). We just do what we feel inspired to do, regardless of it's origin (nature or nurture).

Our life looks so mainstream. My kids and I partake in as much TV, video games, play fighting, yelling in anger, refined sugars, impulsive shopping as our hearts desire. And I won't feel guilty about it or afraid.

Our life is so radical. I value my kids and myself having as much pure freedom to learn our own comfort levels and self-direction as possible in the context of judgeless equality.

No comments: