Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Feel It Coming

I am starting to itch. The open road is calling me.


It was a whisper buried beneath this wild ride of a transition. With nothing left to drown it out, it is getting louder and more demanding.

It sounds like the wind, full of promises, whispering sweet everythings into my ear like the swishing in a seashell.

It comes in snapshots before my eyes of open highways with picturesque landscapes, whenever I get into the van and look out my giant front window.

It's a restlessness in the depths of my muscles and my very soul, like it is pulling me toward new horizons by the seat of my pants.

Sometimes, I get wrapped up in my fears and try to quiet the voice -- please wait, I beg. I'm not ready.

Not good enough, I am hearing is it's new reply. It promises healing to all the things that are "keeping me here" -- my oldest child's emotional nourishment, my own "unstuckness", my social anxieties resolved, our financial sustainablity.

Promises of healing. Experiences to stretch. Opportunities to grow.

A long overdue vacation of the spiritual and soulful sort.

........

If I left November 2nd, eastbound, we would be in Florida for the coldest months of the year. When it started to warm up, we could head north. Then we could head west and spend the late summer in Oregon. And then back down here in time for next winter.

A year trip (depth). In the van (simplicity). Connecting with my tribe. Having experiences. Retreating in nature. Growing as a family and as individuals.

This feels right ♥

Look out, World, here we come!

p.s. - yesterday I felt lost and cried a lot. I love the clarity that grows from that <3

3 comments:

happygirl said...

I don't know why you want to leave paradise, but go with God, my friend.

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

I highly recommend Maine in early July, sweet friend. Come stay with us and explore some beaches on the opposite end of the country! :)

P.S. Yay for you!!!

mb said...

late summer/early fall is ideal in oregon... you'll be just in time to help me chop tomatoes and pick apples. ;) (tranlsation: plenty to eat here that time of year!)