Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's All Downhill to the Beach

This is so symbolic of our journey
I was born in a town by the ocean, and lived in this giant county for 10 years of my life, until we moved to New Mexico and then Colorado and travelled all over the US. Then we moved back to this town by the ocean that I was born in (that is now a city). We have been here for 17 years.

Once I got over missing the Rocky Mountains, I really loved living so close to the ocean. I can feel it inside me, the pull. I have always loved the idea of the beach, although all that sand that gets in nooks and crannies and is hard to walk on has actually been a barrier to enjoying the beach.

I am a Pisces -- I am water. I am soooooo water. One of the biggest parts about living nomadically is being able to be as changeable as water needs to be.

Once I started selling everything we own, it all just flowed. The whole experience just flowed. We spent a lot of time working on the RV and postponing the adventures that come from living in the RV. But once we got to a point where the RV was done enough, we went to the harbor and stayed there for 4 days. That was when I fell in love with the beach, sand and all. In fact, the sand in nooks and crannies suddenly was a reminder that we were living on the beach, and it was wonderful.

We found peace in the sand, and the walk on the jetty still lingers in my awareness.

I feel so connected to the ocean and to the beach life right now, I can only begin to explain. Where the RV is parked right now is a block away from the beach, and we wake up to the sight of the ocean from our bedroom window. It feels so right to be so close to the beach. We have been staying pretty close to it in our adventures.

The picture above was taken on one of those adventures by the beach. The hill just led right down to the beach, and it seemed somehow symbolic of our life right now, in a way that I wasn't ready to explore just yet... Now I am.

Our life has been downhill to the beach over the last few months -- downhill (the flow of the simplification process) to the beach (I seem to be have been led to the beach and can't leave). The beach, the ocean is so symbolic to me. The ocean has always called me, being the water woman I am, and now I can be with it; the beach has been a barrier that is now "not easy" but brings it's own "life symbolism" that I have been enjoying soaking in.

Living in the RV really is much easier than living in a house. I feel like it is downhill. SO easy. I mean, other than the whole "stuff keeps breaking" bit. I think staying in the van will be even easier. The less distractions from what's important, the better :))

It's all downhill to the beach...

1 comment:

happygirl said...

LOVE the beach. I love SD. Is this were this beach is? All those towns up the coast, lovely. Thanks for writing.