Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Holy Canoles!

Hey, Beloved!!

I just had to come share a big new incredible shift that just transpired in our life.

I have been so on the fence about what to do with the RV for months. When I would decide to sell it, I would go inside it and feel so at home that I just didn't want to let it go.

We haven't been living in it since the first week of September. We boondocked in it a bit until October, but have been in the van since.

There is a big mess with parking tickets and expired registration. So, we were avoiding it to not draw attention to it, and because it was warmer and easier in the van. Then we grew to just really love living in the van.

Within the last week-ish, Kass and I had a heart-to-heart where we both shared our needs and semi-solidified our plans for 2013:
  • build up our income by the time Kass is out of school in mid-June
  • travel the second half of the year
  • then nestle into a house-home, complete with community, and if we are lucky some homesteading
Last night, while I was grabbing some dishes out of the RV, I realized that it didn't feel right. I have been clinging to it because of the incredible zen summer we had in it.

This morning, in that half-asleep almost-awake haze, my first thought of the new year was that I knew there was no reason or room for the RV in our life, and I need to let it go. How can I embrace that next incredible chapter if I am still clinging to that last incredible chapter?

I will always have that amazing zen summer in my heart... I don't need to try to recreate it. I don't have time to now. My life is heading in a different direction. A delicious and amazing new direction.

I ended up talking with a friend of mine this evening about my idea to just sell it to someone for $1,000 + the price of the parking tickets, which would be ideal for someone who can either take it out of state to register it or park it on some property, because they would never need to pay that $1,000+ in tickets and registration fees.

And he thought for a moment and then tossed out an idea to me that he was interested in getting a bigger RV for him and his dog. He owns property in Idaho and could take it out there to register it. And as we talked more about how we could work it, we realized it was perfect for both of us in so so many ways!!!!

Oh, Universe, that was quick, even for you!!

Perfection.

So, I will be cleaning the RV out over the next day or 2, and then I will be driving it to it's new home.

Wow.

I will grieve losing her.

I will probably have a releasing ceremony.

I want to honor her.

But not until I have finished preparing her for her new family and home, whom she is perfect for.

No sadness yet.

Now comes the fun part for me: sorting through everything we will own, whittling it down even further into the tightest pile of stuff that we would want to pay storage for a year for.

I keep wondering what is worth the cost of that.

How extreme minimalist can I go? :))

The lists have begun.....

If all goes as planned, we will see you in a few days!

No comments: