Friday, October 25, 2013

the morning piece to our family connection formula

Hello, Darling ♥

I have been on some more deep business journeying recently ♥

And exploring the details of making my life my business has had me reflecting on my life. 

I have been thinking a lot about what makes my family so deeply connected, and about how our family learns and the enrichment we integrate into our living of learning. 

This morning, as I was snuggling my baby, I realized that I wanted to share our formula for deep family connection. 


I want to share it as a story, as if you walked through a day in our life with us.

Today, I want to share with you our mornings.

The first piece is that we have always had a family bed. I grew up in a family bed, so I have literally always had one. This is a big piece to our family connection formula. 

When I talk to new mamas about why we cosleep and why I recommend it, I ask them if they can imagine if they slept in a separate bed from their lover or partner or spouse. 

That same bonding and deepening of the relationship happens when I cuddle and snuggle and entwine and cozy up to my babies every night. We spend the whole night every night with our arms am wrapped around each other, spooning, legs entwined, tucked into the cocoon of our blankets, dreaming together, breathing together, keeping each other warm. 

When I wake, every morning, I spend a moment soaking in and savoring the warm cuddles of my babies. I open up to allowing myself to feel aligned and ready for an incredible day before I rise. 

The next thing I do is spend some time preparing, in solitude, for my day. That usually happens in the front seat of my van or (if its warm), I will drive to a park and sit in the grass right by the van. I always face something that nourishes my soul - usually that is nature - so my pauses in my morning focused time connect me to my source. 

And this time usually involves my journal and wifi - I catch up on Facebook, journal about what has been pulling at my heart or what I am feeling inspired toward. I might do some business research, or experience a new tool for personal release or personal growth. I pay visit to some soul-delicious family learning inspiration and other inspiration for things I am focusing my intentions on in life. 

I usually wake 2 to 4 hours before my kids do. So, this is my deep focus time. This is the time I need to plug into my Source, so that I am available to be the mama I want to be throughout the rest of the day. 

When my kids awake (often one before another), I light up upon seeing them and greet them with enthusiasm, and we proceed to reunite with big hugs and lots of nose nuzzling. We hold each other's faces and look into each others eyes. We kiss each other all over our faces. We hug for long periods of time. We deeply reconnect in preparation for our day together. 

If they seem still sleepy, I might climb back into the bed with them and cuddle them a bit and talk about things that will nourish their soul and light their inspire embers. We might talk about what we want to do for the day or in more depth about something we love or what we want for breakfast. Whatever we feel mutually drawn toward.

And only when we are ready to LEAP out of bed in glee, do we climb out and get ready for our day (dressed, teeth brushed, etc). Except my teenager - she doesn't usually leap, unless we have something extra exciting in store for her, so she eases(and she usually wakes up much later than the rest of us. 

I am in the internal planning stages of adding some new pieces to our morning routine. I want to incorporate some massage and dreamtalk into our first awakening time together. And I want to incorporate meditation, deep breathing, and body stretching into our early mornings. 

We usually eat a light fresh nutrient-based breakfast - sometimes also high-protein. It starts our day together off in a great way. And I notice the differences in my body and our togetherness when we eat in different ways. 

I know that starting our days off in this way is a key to our family's success in loving connective being. I am excited about how I see my children unfolding as people and in their own lives because of these blessed mornings we share together.

What is your morning routine?

What would you like it to be?

How can you shift your life to open up space to create the kind of morning that makes you available for your day?

I love you,
 
p.s. - I still have spots open in my Sacred Mama Mentoring if you would like to join me in helping your family to live a more connected and loving life. 
 

No comments: