Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Unschooled. Yes. I Can Write.

I am super excited to announce how honored I am to be posted on a blog that I love so much: "I'm Unschooled. Yes. I Can Write." She has a series on grown unschoolers, and I filled out the questionnaire and am now a piece of her blog <3 I am truly honored :)

Honestly, like with art, I keep thinking how I could have or want now to say this or that differently, "perfectly", but I was going for simple and clear when I filled it out, so there ya go :)) I get so excited when I get to be a voice that is contributing to something I want to see more of in the world -- in this case unschooling. And Idzie's blog is so great -- one of those ones I can happily lose myself in for days. It's full of great information/research, as well as LOTS of personal experiences, things that resonate deep down, things that challenge me to think more aligned with my values. She was the first grown unschooler I'd ever "met", and so it feels oddly syncronious (if that were a word) to be posted on her blog to share about my experience as a grown unschooler. One of my favorite things about this grown unschooler series is how different the experiences are -- it feels good to add even more variety to what unschooling looks like and know that I am validated and appreciated. I just love that about unschooling.

Here is the link. Enjoy...

1 comment:

mb said...

loved it! thank you for turning me onto her blog in the first place (a while back) because i think the grown unschooler examples are so important to a generation that isn't linked up to unschooling roots any longer (like our great-great-grands might have done). and with so little support most of us really need examples like you and idzie to keep up our courage! :)