Monday, July 8, 2013

En Route

I can't believe it's real.

I can't believe we actually did it. 

Finally. 

We got out. 

We are free. 

Out, free from our fears of leaving, our fears of hurt over leaving our beloveds, our fears of safety and how we were going to make it outside our familiar comfort zone. 

We did it. 

It started to feel real on Tuesday, when I said goodbye at our favorite community dinner. 

I wish I had thought to take pics with our beloveds, but someone got this one of me with our beloved Denny :))


Wednesday we visited my step kids (my son's blood) - so much love there. I miss them already ♥ 




Thursday went by with a light show in the sky :))




We emptied the storage on Friday - a whole day of sorting and repacking and loading. It was exhausting. But everything we loved most fit. Such perfectness, peace, relief. 

We got to spend the night with one of our favorite families in the world. 


Saturday morning, we said the last of our goodbyes to our local beloved people and our beloved Encinitas.

At this point we realized we should be taking pics with our loved ones ♥






Then we drove up to Oceanside and said goodbye to one of my kids' godmothers. 





And then it was time to say good bye to San Diego. 


We headed northeast to a big family gathering. 


And we spent the night with my beloved Uncle and his incredible wife, at their new playhome :)) It's HUGE and my uncle has so many ideas and the abilities to do it - I'm so excited for them!!!


We lightened our load (and significantly increased our gas mileage). 


No storage on top :) 

And then we drove through the desert for 7 hours in 109 degree heat. It pretty much looked like this the whole time:



The company was incredible though :) 

The kids and I had fun singing to music and talking about how we would rescue the cows we saw in the cow lots along the way, and how we would treat the cows in our care in the future. 

And laughing over fun names for our future furred friends of various 4 legged varieties :)) 

And more music. Always music. 

We don't even have to try. It's always a good time :)

That's our family's theme song :))

And then, after 7 hours, we started seeing trees (in Stockton), and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees!! 


After another 2 hours of driving, we connected with an incredible friend of mine in Sacramento, and are staying in their spare room again tonight. 

We have been nourishing our hearts and bodies with her and her beautiful family: so far we have met awesome boyfriend, soul sweet daughter in law, magic delicious 2 month old grandson, 2 sweet and loving doggies, 2 snakes, fish, 2 lizards, 2 cages of birds, and (I heard talk of) a tortoise ♥

*deep peace inhale*

And then it's Oregon tomorrow. 

Officially. 

Wow. 

The plan is:

Tuesday - drive + get a storage and unload the van. 

Wednesday - find a community resource center to start networking for resources with + DMV to get the van Oregon-legit :))

Thursday - locate the local library & homeschool (ideally unschool) groups, and start networking for temporary housing and feel out the vibes for kindred spirits for the long-term home + tribe :))

That's all I have for now. 

That's a mighty long update, huh? 

Well, I got an app for my blog, so I can post more frequently now :))

Also, if you want to see more pics/videos and updates, you can add me on Instagram (wildsacredsoul), Facebook (wild-soul zen), or search the Instagram hashtags #oregonbound, #roadtripblip, and #worldwidetribe. 

Alright, darlings, until next time, all my love, excitement, and enthusiasm,
V

No comments: