Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Counting down the days...

Tuesday.

Today is Tuesday.

That leaves 3 more days in this town.

This town we fell in love at first sight (and feel) with. This town we have grown to deeply feel "home" with. This town that will continue to be home for many of our beloveds.

And we will wish it a sacred and wet farewell, as we will begin our trek northward.

So many people to see and love before we go.

Community beloveds, family members, friends.

I know us moving to Oregon is right, and I ground myself in that when I start to feel so sad about leaving the incredible people here that we love with all our hearts.

It hurts. And that hurt has stopped me from going for many years now.

But Oregon keeps calling. A soft whisper. A knowing reminder. Soft and loving.

It's where we are meant to be.

Green, rain, Pacific Ocean, affordable housing, land, hippies. Perfect.

I have been dreaming big wild dreams of a tribe on land, and I am ready to manifest that. And I am excited about the journey to get there.

I envision spending time in communes, intentional communities, and eco-villages.

I envision festivals and fairs and farmers markets.

I envision landscapes that will take our breath away.

I imagine connecting with people who will warm my heart and nourish this little Tribe idea seed that is gaining momentum deep in the earth, preparing to burst through the soil and bask in the sunlight.

I look forward to manifesting space for my family's needs to be met, and for our wildest dreams to come into fruition.

My oldest wants to be a large animal vet. She has always had a kinship with animals. They bring her peace. And after 2 years of not having her own room, she very much looks forward to decorating and caring for her own space. And getting some furried bedmates again :)

My son just wants room to spread out his playspace and endulge in combat + adventure + action figure social skills for deep long periods of time. And Netflix. Our own wifi is a must :)

And the baby. She wants to gather her dollies and care for them. And follow her sister around caring for goats and horses and chickens and all other 2- and 4-legged friends that come to join us in our homesteading adventure.

And me? Well, I want to take root deeply and grow. I want to grow a home. I want to grow a business. I want to grow a tribe, a lively community-family who lean toward sacred sustainability and wild fun, who dream together, play together, live together, love together, grow together. I want drum circles and dancing and bonfires and a red tent and kid wonderland and hammocks in faery eutopia and treehouses and gardens opportunities to share my all through workshops and services, and, and, and.

Oh, I have been dreaming of this for years. This list is oh-so long, and it keeps growing.

I look forward to showing it to you, like a story that unfolds through our upcoming journey.

I look forward to chronicling, not only our trip up to Oregon and around Oregon while we find the right place to call home, but also the sprouting and budding of a tribe come true, the depths, the details.

I hope that someday, I will be able to create a model of the tribe that has been my clear vision and purpose, so that I can share that model with ones who aspire to create tribes of their own.

I don't know all the words yet. The language. I just have a big clear vision and feeling, that I have been refining for about 6 years, through creating an online tribe, studying about tribal communities, hanging with unschoolers and faire folks, experiencing shamanic dreams and visions, and doing a bit of research on fellow intentional communities.

There is just so much room for growth, and I am excited to already be gathering beautiful souls into my life who want to grow this with me.

Until next time, all my love,
V

No comments: