Saturday, July 13, 2013

The vision

I had been growing it over the last 6 years. Through sisterhood connections and tight-knit community interactions. Through internal reflection on my needs and books like The Continuum Concept. Through dialogue with kindred souls and dream visions.

And then it crystallized at ren faire a few months ago.

After a day of ale jam (drums and belly dancers and ale and an accordion player!), being surrounded by the most unique and amazing people, and gypsy children in the playground equipment drumming... I woke up knowing this needed to be my life. 

I spent a few years in my early teens traveling with my mom and working at state fairs and super sales. The faire life felt most like home to me. 

Just a few months before, I attended my first circus, and I wanted to run away with them. Generations of families living and traveling together, living extraordinary lives, doing interesting and incredible things. 

I was made for this. 

I started journaling and channeling that morning after faire. And it all became clear. 

I wanted a tribe. I wanted late night drum jams around a blazing bonfire and kids running around in packs and adults doing incredible and interesting things and an atmosphere of fun and uniqueness and togetherness and play. 

I wanted to host festivals. And I wanted to have retreats. I wanted to create a village where adults had spaces to do their incredible things and kids could get involved and learn, where the community could come visit and be enfolded in our spectacular togetherness. 

And I want it to be grounded in a movement toward sustainability. And I want to teach workshops to the surrounding communities on sustainability - but not just a lecture. I want people to come get their hands in our earth when we learn about permaculture. And I want to walk them around our tribe and show them our nature systems and our alternative energy sources and our natural water collection. And I want to introduce them to our big giant family and talk about journeys when we do workshops on communication and connected togetherness. 

I want to host retreats for self and spirit and soul nourishment, and for deep learning. Art, yoga, mamahood, communication, food, sharing circles. We have so much space in us for deep nourishment and healing. 

I want to sell the excess from our gardens, orchards, groves, and craft circles at a farmers market or at a stand down on the road, where the older kids can make a business. Or bring the community up to our own marketplace or to pick their own fruits, veggies, and nuts. And I want to grow plenty, so we can share with our furred and feathered neighbors as well. 

I want to have an animal rescue (domestic and farm), and my oldest (the animals whisperer) and her kindreds can soothe and heal the emotional wounds of these beloved creatures, so they will be ready for new loving homes. 

And I want to give our own tribe creatures a good life of green shaded pastures, nourishing food and plenty of clean water, and lots of gentleness and love. Maybe to aid our sustainability, like gathering our own eggs and humane and loving goat milking. Learning how to live with our furred and feathered friends in a way that honors and respects them and nourishes us all. 

I want to have a red tent where women can gather and circle in togetherness to celebrate moon cycles and rites of passage. For our tribe, and to envelop the surrounding communities. Nourishment of the divine feminine and of the sacred. 

I want to have spaces for art creation for all ages, and I want our little village to be a reflection of the artfulness of our tribe. Art as therapy. Art as a way of expression and beauty. Art as a craft. Art as a way of being. 

I want to be a haven for young mothers, especially pregnant teens, to come feel real, deep, unconditional love, to heal their past and nurture their bodies and hearts and souls, to be available to be the most loving and nurturing mamas they can be ♥

I want to provide birth services to the greater community surrounding us. Birth empowerment to mamas and families. Hot meals and a bit of home cleaning for a couple weeks following the birth, so the family can cocoon themselves in their babymoon. I want to gather scraps that thrift stores cannot sell and have sewing circles to make cloth diapers that we donate into the community. 

I want to have a living library, which is more than just books - musical instruments, learning supplies like microscopes and puzzles, artifacts like bones and arrowheads. 

I want to have a community closet. 

I want to gather regularly for pow wows where we share voices and hearts about our community. 

I want shared days of personal and togetherness growth, like a day of silence, where it is understood that the brothers and sisters who feel called will be nonverbal. And we will aim toward the quiet all around. 

And maybe days of fasting. Retreats for our tribe. The possibilities are limitless. 

I want tribe business. And tribe businesses. Everyone finding their favorites in life and being supported by each other to find ways to create abundance from that place. 

We will all have specialities, and I want to encourage that, and know that together we compliment each other to create a greater whole. 

I want to accept donations and sponsorships as a nonprofit, so we can give back so much to the community easily. 

I want to gather our tribe way of being and create a model that we can share with groups who want to grow their own tribes. 

Our tribe will be centered around sacred sustainability + wild abundance. 

I envision the adults loving what they do and there being such a variety of interesting things that they do. And of the kids observing and being involved in the work, as their interests dictate. But in a world so colorful, of course the kids are going to grow interests in the things around them. 

A place where play and art are valued just as deeply as ditch digging, gardening, and blacksmithing. 

Where people, creatures, and the earth are of the most sacred, and we treat and honor them as the treasures they are. 

A place that thrives on love and joy and fun and whole being nourishment. 

A place that thrives because everyone who experiences it in some way falls madly deeply in love with it and wants to be a part of it. 

A place that people travel long distances to partake in and contribute to. 

A place where people stay for as long as their hearts and souls need to. 

For some, a haven to refill their cup for a few days, for some a healing retreat, for some a home. 

I have big dreams. Big big visions. 

And this tribe vision keeps growing, as I connect with people and their ideas and dreams, and my vision envelops theirs and becomes fuller. 

The magic of this space is that it is big enough for everyone to bring their dream and add its manifestation to our collective abundance. 

We all benefit from supporting each other in the actualization of our wildest dreams. 

I think I am going to end this gigantic vision posting with that. 

It's worth repeating. 

We all benefit from supporting each other in the actualization of our wildest dreams.

I love you. Love each other ♥
V

No comments: