Friday, May 13, 2011

Current Plans

Hello, beloved one ♥

So, the path of life keeps shifting before us -- it's so exciting!!!! But it sure makes it hard to pin things down for other's :)) The only guarantee that I can give you is "I will be there when you see the whites of my eyes, but I will be there."

A couple things seem to have changed in the plans I shared before, and I wanted to share what those will be. Firstly, we most likely will not be keeping the house. We will probably be travelling by RV. We will probably be leaving in July (no later than August 1st -- the last day of my lease). We will probably be doing the 4 corners the opposite direction I had originally planned. We will be moving slower (gas prices and RV gas mileage -- yikes!).

I may take a quick trip in the van up to San Fransisco and Oregon, and swing down through Colorado for 4th of July (fireworks are illegal in California) to party with some loved ones, before coming home to sell the van, buy the RV, and get out of this house.

I will be stopping along the way everywhere we know someone. I don't want to miss anyone.

So, now the dates are a little wierd. I am thinking, if we are going through Texas in September, we may have to go to the Rethinking Everything Conference. I need to really sit with that and decide if this is do-able, so I can let other's know, in case they want to join us.

We have a month or 2 to poke around Texas and Louisiana.

We hope to be in Florida when winter comes, so we can play snowbirds this year :))

Once it starts warming up, we will head north toward Maine, visiting family and friends along the way.

Then head west (down into the Ohio area), where we can spend far more than a week with each loved one, if we want to :))

Then across to Kansas and into Colorado, and either to Washington and then down, or straight back into California -- our next trip will probably be up to Alaska, and we can head back up through the San Fran and Oregon areas then. The end of the trip is always the hardest to plan, because it is so far from where we are now, and it is so close to our next trip, that we never know the last few stops. But, I think you get the point of the current plan.

I won't know what we are travelling in, until we have purchased it and are living in it. I won't know when we will be somewhere until we are leaving the stop before. But I do know that each of you mean so much to me, and I look forward to being able to visit you unhurried. I will get there, I promise ♥

I have one other bombshell to drop on you all. I probably will not get a cell phone for the trip (other than an emergency prepaid phone). I think I am just going to get internet (especially since I can text from my ipod with it). I will see -- it's another thing I really have to think about :))

I look forward to some uninterrupted solitude, to sort out some inside reflection stuff. Just me, one book at a time, my journal, and an array of marker/pens to get creative. Some comfy spots with a beautiful view. Some whole foods. A heart and a mind full of infinite creativity and brilliance :)

I look forward to the weightlessness of living nomadically. I look forward to letting go of obligations and meaninglessness. I don't know how impressed my little ones are going to be with traveling, except to play with new friends and see cool new spots in nature to explore. I'm looking forward to living that simply :)) I want to type a blog post under a tree with a view, or explore a riverbank for hours on end, slide down sanddunes on a snow disk, have a picnic by a waterfall. I want my world to revolve around who to visit and what to see and explore in the next moment (I just had a Freudian slip -- I typed oment: OMent) :))

I look forward to being free of these walls and all this stuff :)) I can say that now without feeling a weight in my gut -- I decided I'm not tied to it, so I can find contentment in the dis-ease I was feeling about all of it before. I may be looking at a painted wall, but this is what my spirit sees:

1 comment:

mb said...

totally makes sense to go counter clockwise given that time of year! i like the escape to the south for the winter. good for you on the cell phone! i'm all for it. i'd like to ditch mine, i just read yet another thing about how awful they are for us and the environment, this one had to do with harming bees.