Monday, May 16, 2011

The Rig

Alright, so some of you have been following this blog long enough to hear me say that I want the RV we get to have the same floorplan as the RV of our friends, the Leapley's. Cindy and Steve have been wondering since they bought it last year if it was going to be big enough for their family of 7, and we have talked on more than one occasion about me buying it from them. It just hasn't worked out that way, which has been perfect for both of us at the times :))

My friends left May 1st for their adventure. They planned for a vacation, not a permanent home, a soul journey of sorts to do some healing and living before coming home to plant some roots. They planned to be back in August for a wedding and were ready to pass their RV off to us at that point, because they wouldn't need it anymore, especially since they have learned that it REALLY is too small for their easy comfort. Since I want to be out of here before August (my lease is up August 1st), I kept this as my back-up plan, still searching and being open to how we were going to get some destined RV much sooner.

For the past few weeks, I have been feeling like I need to be in an RV immediately. Not the average, "I am ready", but "I was ready long ago, and now this is unbearable." I want the RV in front of my house already, so I can move in the stuff I want to keep and see very clearly what is left, so I know what to do with it. Right now, it all feels overwhelming, like the time between now and August 1st feels so far that it is hopeless to start too early, mixed with knowing I can't ever start too soon, because I don't want to be rushing around at the last minute. That push-and-pull is what made me sick, and the anxiety is what caused all the tension headache I had for 3 days.

So, this morning, my friends, the Leapleys, called to tell me that something completely unexpected and important (a different sister's wedding set here in July) has come up to interrupt their plans, and they are actually bringing the RV back next week and picking up their van for the rest of the trip (so they can move faster and cheaper and be back sooner). So, we are getting their RV next week.

Lemme just say that again. We are getting our RV next week. EEEEEEK!

This RV is perfect on so many levels!!!
  • It is called a Travelcraft -- have you SEEN the name of my blog? Our Wildcrafted Life
  • It has the floor plan that I was determined to have (with the extra seats already removed!).
  • It has half the miles of the Jamboree that I wanted from a dealership.
  • My friends have worked out most of the kinks over the last few months (and especially living in for a couple weeks now).
  • It is already filled with the wonderful and loving energy of this AMAZING family <3
  • It is like a quarter of the price of the Jamboree I was wanting!!!!!!
  • But the best part, again: it will be here next week!!!!!!!!
Lemme show you a pic of a DIFFERENT Travelcraft. I don't have a pic of our's, but it looks kinda like this one (different colors, maybe a different year):

I know, it's older than the Jamboree and has aluminum siding, but I can't beat the price and the rest of the perfectness, so there ya go :))

I am SO glad that getting an RV finally caught up with me being ready to be in one already :)) I love when the universe unfolds to remind me that my pace is right and that it is okay to trust that it will all end up working out how I want it to, because it always does ♥

2 comments:

mb said...

wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

Sweeeeet! That is so awesome! Great job creating just what (and when) you wanted!