Thursday, May 5, 2011

More belly stuff

I started this a week or so ago, and am deciding to post it now, unfinished, since it goes along with my theme of living from my belly. Enjoy

Some cultures believe that we do not feel with our hearts but with our stomachs. Makes sense, right? I mean, when I am feeling nervous, I get butterflies in my stomach, and when some guy breaks up with me, I eat a pint of ice-cream.

So, I have been thinking about my over-eating, and how it is rooted in anxiety, and how my anxiety is being afraid, and about how my fears are hardly ever really fears of something as they are just fear in and of itself, and about how I am always trying to dig deep to get to the bottom of stuff.

Maybe I have been exploring all of this underlying stuff as just another journey for the sake of knowing myself better, but trying to figure out what I am afraid of may be slightly pointless? Maybe instead of digging into my past for the answers, I can just soothe the present one experience at a time?

No comments: