Saturday, May 14, 2011

Why We Need Our Own Comfy Space

Some of you have been so kind to offer your homes to us when we pull through. Aww, such kindness, such innocence. You wouldn't believe what you were getting yourself into, and I prefer to keep friends loved ones and some sort of happiness with my kids that is not based on expecting or forcing them to be less "all of them" than they are.

I've been thinking a lot recently about how convenient it would be if we really could have just travelled in our van towing a pop-up trailer -- oh, the gas-saving fantasies I have! And then I open my eyes in my reality and realize why we need something bigger.

Lemme share a few fun reasons why, no, really, we need our own comfy space:
  • my babies live naked
  • you have yet to see my hair or my attire in the morning before I have groomed
  • we have a large dog who sleeps in bed with us at night
  • we are a family of 4 radical unschoolers -- have you any clue what that looks like on any given day?
  • I am known to sleep topless at night
And some more serious reasons (no, those were not serious reasons LOL)
  • we are going to be doing this for a long time, and having a HOME on wheels that we can safely crawl back into is part of the "this IS a healthy and responsible way of raising children" bit for me right now :)
  •  our home will be set up for comfort, so your guest bed won't necessarily be more comfy than our bed -- in fact, I am determined to have the comfiest bed possible!
Now, having said that, there are a few things I look forward to at your house:
  • a long hot shower
  • maybe washing a couple loads of laundry
  • mostly, just being with you during peek hours and retreating to our den when it feels right :))
I am very excited to learn as I go, about visiting people. We will be like temporary neighbors :))) That's the best part about living a nomadic lifestyle: everyone is our neighbor, especially at one point or another :)

Now, having just written that, I am realizing, you all are prepared for my kids and I, but my fur-son, Kai, is kinda glued to the hip (and when he isn't, he is digging holes and chewing things up, so he really needs to be glued to our hip). I have already learned about the necessary camping and site-seeing adjustments/alternatives that is going to require (especially since he is a big dog). How do YOU think that is going to impact our visit? Feel free to think on it and get back to me ;)

1 comment:

COFFEE & MORPHINE said...

"I am known to sleep topless at night" :D Me too!! Cozy and cozy :)