Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome, Spring!

Today, I feel the freshness of new birth, of life, of warmth.

I celebrate the life in my life (my growing children, my changing home, my living puppy, my sun-worshipping cats, my verdant plants).

I organize the plans to make the most out of this spring with a garden (to take a load off of our grocery budget), and to create a child & puppy friendly backyard for all of my children (maybe I will create a special sun-basking spot for the cats, too!).

I started off this beautiful spring reviving the life of a friendship that has been resting during the winter <3 We sat in the sun catching up and eating cake for hours today, and I got my first sunburn for the summer (yay!). My other Scottish friends have the same experience of having to get that first burn that settles into a tan for the rest of the bright sunny days of the year :)

Something inside me must have known today was spring before I was reminded via a facebook friend's status. A long delicious shower just sounded so good this morning (even though I am a night-time showerer), and then I decided to cut my hair short again. 6 years ago, my hair touched my butt, and it was blond... Alright, here is a picture.



Well, the blond damaged my hair, and a couple years after this picture was taken, in an attempt to cut off the damaged hair, I ended up with basically this:
A few months after my first short hair cut, so shaped differently, but you can see how short I went)
I went through phases where I was trying to grow it out again. Here it was a few weeks ago:

Me and my neice, Leilani <3
But, really, I love it short. So, today I decided to go short again... Well, I accidently went too short!

Before some chapstick, plucked eyebrows, and coffee!
So, today has been a day of finding fun ways to wrap my hair up (until it is the length I want, hopefully in time for summer)!

Scrap purple batik fabric

Braided strips of scrap batik fabrics and a few inches of elastic

A scrap from the curtains I made!

Another angle -- gotta get all those batik fabric prints in the pics :))
I am excited about the hair adornments :)) And I am hoping that my poor shocked hair relaxes into a curl again (lol). More hair pics to come in the following weeks, I am sure :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love all of the pictures. The great thing about hair is tha it grows out and if you want you can cut it again OR again and again. I admire your bravery and love the hair bands. I am quite boring when it comes to my hair. Maybe someday I will do something drastic and see what happens.

mb said...

mama, i love it! you know, something about the last four pictures, it brings out something in your face i've never seen.... idk what it is. i mean physically i guess your cheekbones are really looking hot, but there's some sort of twinkle in your eye or something i can't put my finger on. wild zen! :)