Monday, April 25, 2011

Dream Big

If I'm gonna do it, do it right, right?

I am so ready to do this. I know that I don't need a trial run, but I am hoping to be able to do it for Kass, so she will know we can come back if we don't love it.

Timeline:
I am hoping to buy the RV in a month or 2, and be on the road a month or 2 after that (renovation time). My lease here is up in August, and I may even be on the road before that (hoping!).

My first 2 or 3 month voyage will be destination Oregon, to visit my soul sister, MB <3 And I plan to make the trip via visiting my other beloved tribesisters on the coast of California :))))) Then we will probably head back down here (visitng the sisters more inland California) to spend Yule/Christmas with family and let Kass decide at that point if she wants to stay on the road or not. We will say our goodbyes at that point (assuming Kass loves it as much as I know she will!) and head off for the grand adventure :)))))))))))))

I started a(nother) "Home on Wheels" journal. This one is permanent -- I used one of my favorite journals that I had been saving for the right purpose. It is colorful (thank you, rainbow of highlighters) and organized (thank you, Office Depot, for satiating my craving for office supplies) and full of limitless potential for recording dreams of adventure :))))))))) It is already full of lists that are just jumping off the page, excited to become blog posts in the very near future :))

If you read this blog via e-mail, you might want to come check out the actual blog soon -- I am going to make some fun changes to the links at the top of the page, including an "about us", a tab about our rig (our RV), a library (for links to things), and a better preview of the Tribe :)) I'm so excited!!!!!

~~okay, so I totally cheated and took a break (a couple hours!) from finishing this blog post to go do that, and I am LOVEing the tabs :D Go check them out! -- well, after you finish reading this post LOL Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

I am excited about putting together a planner/organizer, including:
  • a "to do" list (long term and short term stuff)
  • a budget
  • a simple map/atlas
  • an address book (with some system of pinning tribesisters' addresses in the map)
  • and a calendar with events happening different places, birthdays of beloved ones, and a travel log of where we were and what we did
One of the first things I am going to do is start selling 99% of everything we own on Craigslist. I will probably not be selling most of Kassidy's stuff, so she knows she really can return, if she wants to <3

I will also be finding ways to have fundraisers (garage sales, car washes, a going away party, wrapping up unfinished craft projects to sell, and whatever else I can come up with).  I need to start saving up money for that rig!

I have a nice long list of things that need to be done before we can head out, so I will be ticking things off as fast as I can :))

This is so exciting! And I feel so optimistic and trusting again! I know we've got this!!!!! I know we can do this, and I know this is it :)))) And I know the universe will open up doors for us because I am saying "Yes! Yes! Yes!" to everything :))))))))))

Now, go explore those tabs :D

2 comments:

mb said...

i like that your comments are now "connections". NICE. and the tabs look awesome. :)

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

Yay for you! I've been reading your recent posts about life on the road, and enjoying how you've convinced yourself to follow your heart. Many blessings on this project! Maybe next summer you can come visit us up here in Maine!