Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Unlikely Monkey Wrench

Ding dang darn.

Yesterday, I had a wild surge of cleaning energy that I decided to direct at my garage (I have been shoving everything I don't want from the house in there, and a garage sale was way overdue!). I had stuff pulled out into the back street into 2 piles: the stuff I was selling (which looked very appealing, I must say) and the stuff I was keeping (which looked like the garbage pile LOL Oh, the joy of unfinished projects!!). People were stopping by and asking if I was selling anything and peeking in at stuff. One nice neighbor bought all the clothes (bags and bags full for $5 haha) and baby stuff (she takes it to family in Mexico -- I love it!!) and some odds and ends in the kitchen and house decor...

Another lady likes a shelf and wants me to hold it for her until she moves in next month. Her and I got to talking. I really liked her right off the bat. I'm so partial to loud and bold women, women who hug people just because that is what they do, women who talk about the things that pop up in their mind as they live life... So, this awesome Italian woman is moving in right across from my garage! And she has an 11-year-old self-identified free spirited daughter who is SO COOL and LOOOOOOOVEs anime.

And I am sitting here thinking, why is this tribe coming together in my backyard when I am ready to leave?

And I am thinking, was there a waiver in my energy that manifested this?

And I am thinking, what do I do with this unlikely monkey wrench?

And as I am hanging out with this awesome woman, a couple of the boys down the street stop by and explain to this woman that Kassidy is their stepsister because their mom adopted her as part of their family. I really love their mom, too. I felt an instant connection to her, too, that hasn't waned <3

And I am still waiting to find out about this lump sum of money I was going to buy the bus with -- it was supposed to take days for me to find out, and now I have learned it will be 6-9 weeks.

I guess I have some time to think and feel and experience and see....

No comments: