Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Flowers"

Kassidy and I have a code word that means "I'm not mad at you. I'm just processing anger and disappointment." Amazing how quickly our shifts are when one of us tosses out the code word. Last night I was tired and forgot to use it, and what a big jumble of unecessary hurt feelings and over-explaining followed. I am grateful for this code word.

The truth is, it's all flowers. There isn't a single thing that I deal with or have an issue with that is about anyone but myself. The way I know this is because everyone handles everything differently -- we all have different triggers. Every experience I have is really just a reflection of something in me that wants addressing. That is why somethings get me and some don't, and why sometimes things will get me and other times they don't. It's all in me. It's not about the other person, and I don't want to depend on anyone else to meet my needs, because I am the only one who can really do that. I need to process more from my past and release more stored up feelings. No one else can do this for me. It's all flowers...

No comments: