Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Majestic Spirals

"As women who inhabit the dual worlds of possibility and responsibility, I think Mothers have a unique dance. It's the dance around a cluttered kitchen and the stride that carries a child, three hoops, and a backpack where they need to go. A Mother’s dance welcomes the moon and celebrates sunshine. The Mother’s dance teaches others to twirl."

~Tangled Macrame on Hoop City (You can check out her blog at tangledmacrame.blogspot.com)

I just discovered a new passion. Life is so abundant with opportunities for life and love and passion! :) My newest passion is hooping. Various things have accumulated to bring me here. A fellow unschooler's blog, explaining how to make one's own hula hoops, another one's blog about a "hoop jam" within walking distance of their home, pictures of hooping like ones below, remembering that I hold the family record for hula hooping on our Wii (haha!) and that I loved it as a kid. Rediscovering childhood passions ROCKS! I plan to make a bunch of hoops (crafty mama, checking in) and then I am going to host a hoop jam in our little housing community (because we have a park that I can walk to). If I make hoops of various sizes and colors and whatnot, we are sure to attract passersby, at least :D

I will keep you all posted :)

In the meantime, check out this article. It is entitled, "Hooping IS Motherhood".






















No comments: