Friday, May 7, 2010

My Intro

Here are a couple intros I have written and enjoyed recently :)

Here is my intro:

My biggest interests are self growth (personal, parental, interpersonal, professional, etc.) and life design.

There are few things that I have *always* been, but eclectic is one of them :)

I value natural living, sustainability, minimalism, and most alternatives to mainstream living, but I value the joy and empowerment that come with choice even more. I enjoy making choices to live more aligned with my values, but I am incorporating things one step at a time, take what works and leave the rest, and am more invested in listening to what the moment calls for.

AND

Kass enjoys exploring the world, hanging out with people who are interesting to her and/ or like her regardless of age, watching movies and late night television shows, playing video games and computer games, inventing stuff, having lots of ideas and starting them out (but often not finishing them depending on how long they hold her interest), swimming, painting and drawing and other artistic things, eating lots of candy and sweet stuff as she untangles her emotional relationship with it, and changing faster than this intro will apply to her :). She used to read books all the time, but rarely does that now. She used to care less about what she looked like (dressed, hair, etc.), but she cares very much now :). I love watching her grow and being honored to be a part of it :)

Noble LOVES to fight, usually bad guys, even if he is one - which he often is. He loves to be Tai Lung from Kung Fu Panda, so you will often see him with no shirt or shoes on :). He is usually carrying a stick or sword in hand or belt loop, unless he is a ninja, then it will be sticking out of the top back of his shirt. He loves chasing birds (something I haven't quite decided how I feel about, since I feel bad for the birds but love seeing the joy in him as he causes such a big effect in his world). At home, he loves playing with his "guys" (a motley crew of various action figures, small plastic men, Candyland gingerbread men - poor destroyed game-, and monsters), dinosaurs, dragons, cars/trucks/motorcycles, horses, lions, penguins, and other various animals. He loves helping me tell stories and dressing up in various costumes. He loves attention and being silly but sometimes get embaressed (used to be very shy). He does not like people touching his dreads, but once in his life allowed someone who asked if they could - he gets 4-5 requests a day on average :)

Jai is crawling!!! Lots of excitement there. And she is pulling up. I look forward to her walking so I can get out and about more at park day :). She enjoys tasting her brother's guys whenever he isn't looking or is sleeping, practicing elimination communication (part time for now, as we are getting life and prioreties situated), touching and gumming everything she can, eating foods (just started a weekish ago), and drumming :). She is probably the smiliest baby I have ever met (which is amazing, since I know her sister!), after she has very seriously studied the details of her environment, and I am the mamaratzee following her around with a camera :)

I am nature-inclined when it comes to "medicine", eating, cleaning, disposableness (??), home decor, spirituality, etc. Although, my lifestyle has altered for a while as I situate being a single mama to 3, especially with little ones. I tandum nurse, cloth diapered my son and my daughter before life got crazy, babywear, family bed until hopefully well into my babies' teen years :). I am a single mama by choice and preference - I don't comprimise very well in my personal space but am embracing of the diversity of life very much. I learned that it isn't so much a romantic relationship I want as the companionship and tight-knitness of a tribe. I like to sew stuff and find it easier to create my own patterns than follow someone else's. I am a very DIY kind of person and love making my own anything-possible. I am remembering how much beauty speaks to my soul (after being an anti-beauty feminist for a few years). And I am enjoying liberating myself from other "villianous thinking" about things in life that bring us joy. I recently wrote, "The world is a toolbox, the meaning is in you." I love to write and do photography and sculpt with plaster - the latter I don't do often enough, but i love the process that comes with creating a symbol of something important in my life. I bought myself a drum for my birthday, because I have always been attracted to drumming. I am a bohemian barefoot kind of person :) And I want to learn how to knit. I am enjoying peeling layers of "having been trained" and my coping mechanisms back and remembering who I am, so I can live a more joyful life with my children, who I hope to be able to embrace for who they are, too.

No comments: