Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Big Wide World

A big theme I am noticing in my life is unlearning some stuff, specifically negative judgment.  As I unlearn villianous ways of seeing things, my world becomes free-er and more lovely.  I recently wrote this:

The world is a toolbox, the meaning is in you. This is very powerful for me right now, as I am redefining my reality and reexperiencing my life. As I tailor my world to me, this is just so profound.

Every word in this short first sentence is deliberate and intentional.

The world (everything in it -- natural and man-made, etc.)
is a toolbox (full of stuff to play with and use as a means to something else)
the meaning (whether it is good, bad, or indifferent, sacred or mundane, etc.)
is (it is alive in you: is as in verb "to be")
in you (subjective, personal, tailored, choice, self, and whatever else "you" means to you :)

2 comments:

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

Love it! What a great affirmation.
Blessings,
Nikki

Nova said...

Thank you so much, Nikki :))