Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Dream

Last night, I dreamt that I was just going about my business in life, bein' & livin', and there was this guy in a wheelchair who was so severly disabled that someone needed to push him in the chair, and I almost didn't even notice his face because of how severely disabled he was.

Then, I started to get to know the guy, have lunch with him, and I started to fall in love with him, and he began to be less disabled -- could do more and more things as our love grew, and he became so very beautiful! He was just sooooo handsome.

And he began to speak -- said a whole sentence before I woke up, and could jump off of a short cliff into a water hole to swim, and could drive.

We had a baby! I saw life flow all around this baby, like in a movie scene where the focus is on the baby and you see life happening all around the baby, different clips from different experiences.

I woke up thinking I was going to fall deeply in love with someone who was parapalegic and somehow have a child with him...

Until I realized that that crippled person was me.

As I start to fall in love with myself, I will stop seeing me as crippled, and I will see my beauty and capabilities and hear my own voice -- it will all grow. And through this love of me, I will give birth to life experiences.

Namaste

3 comments:

mb said...

wow, that is profound. i have had similar sort of dreams, one where i "free the starving kittens" from the attic... oh boy... falling in love with ourselves is pretty cool. :)

Nova said...

I remember when you had the "free the starving kittens from the attic" dream. So interesting, especially now that I am having these wildly symbolic and profound dreams on top of each other!

Nova said...

Oh, and a couple other places I have taken this dream: falling in love with Kassidy, falling in love with my mom, and shared it with a mama who just had a similar breakthrough about her daughter with autism and retardation and such. Implications are interesting and fun :))