Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fish

Einstein has a quote that goes somethig like "If you judge a fish by
how well he can climb a wall, he's gonna spend his whole life thinking
there is somethig wrong with him". Well, I've sooooo been there. Done
tryin to scale walls -- I love swimming, and if my kids love swimming,
too, then we are gonna swim. And if they decide at some point they
want to try scaling walls, they can try that, too. Or maybe they are
meant for running marathons. Or flying. Who knows. Like I said, if I
like swimming and they like swimming, then we swim. And we are
swimming, and we are finding other fish and feeling really good about
it. But there is this other fish who is trying so hard to scale walls
and seems to be judging us harshly for loving swimming and not
continuing to try scaling walls when it will never work for us. We are
fish.

No comments: