Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Way

The highway is other people's ways :)
I keep finding myself replacing one person's "not my way" with another
person's "not my way either". The problem isn't so much other people's
way, because I can see the logic and FEEL how different my family
interactions would be if these ways were parts of our truths. The
problem is that I am bouncing me off of them, not them off of me, and
I am assuming my ways of doing things are wrong and not searching out
their purpose in my life. Also, because they aren't situated in my
life in an alignment (because they didn't grow from me), they don't
fit just right, and I feel disconnect and dissatisfaction grow from
those areas. The biggest one I am thinking right now, so far, is
unconditional parenting. I need to situate my connection with my lids
before I start growing that in our life. When I took away praise and
"my opinions" from my oldest, she felt the loss, and now we are trying
to reconnect. I hope it is obvious that I am not saying UP doesn't
work or anything -- I guess I am just working on so much in life and
my relationships that this isn't the right time for us to dive in
(being the radical mama I am, I tend to avoid baby steps -- lol).
What I am learning more and more is that I need to follow OUR path
that has different flavors (connection, continuum, attachment,
unconditional, life learning, etc.), buuuut I need to find my way with
them. Being an "always a learner", I trust that I will never find a
destination with any of them -- my relationship with them and
understanding of them will be forever evolving and changing.
How powerful to be on my way :)

No comments: