Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bag Love!

I don't know if you know this about me, but I am a total bag whore -- thank goodness I use cloth at the grocery store! It totally justifies me making and buying every beautiful bag I want (and then I don't have to use those ugly ones grocery stores offer).

In addition to using them at the grocery store, I use them for every other thing in my life: to pack up for parkday or a trip somewhere, to clean out my van, to bring things from the house to the garage, to store stuff in my closets or craft corner, for a giftbag (if I can part with it), to seperate stuff I need to return or do. I think you get the idea :)

I also love craft-cycling (using recycled bits to craft). We make all kinds of stuff from recyled things (like model houses, miniature playscapes, fort supplies for forts made from old sheets, all kinds of papercrafting). Again, I think you get the idea :))

Well, I have a bunch of Kassidy's old t-shirts that I didn't have the heart to toss because they were so cute (but didn't seem like Najaia's style), and I needed some smaller and light-weight bags for life (like produce bags for the grocery store!), so this is what I did:


It was SUPER easy! I just cut the neckline and sleeves off (to make handles) and then sewed the bottom closed (I serged it, but any sewing machine would work - just beware of how heavy the bag might get when deciding how well to sew it closed). I'm SO excited about this idea, because I have a nice little stack of these kinds of shirts. Now, I just need to figure out what I need to do to use them for produce at the grocery store (like weigh them beforehand?). I'll post pics of more bags, when I have them done :))

No comments: