Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Homeschooling Single Mama to Three

In my attempt to be simple and to the point about why I am cutting back so much on my internet stuff, I feel like I didn't clarify my reasons enough for my heart to feel my post was complete. I think my title of this post may capture the essence adequately for most, but I sure do love to elaborate <3

Homeschooling: Being a home-base schooling family, I have expectations for the experiences I want to provide for my children. I think the best gift I can give them is my absolute undivided attention, connection, skills about how to live with people and care for a home and everything/everyone in it. I need to be present for all of that. I've been missing so much, and so have my kids <3

Single: My kids only have me. The only dad in their life lives on the other side of the country and is but a phone call away, but still only a phone call away. I feel like, being a single mom, I have to give 200% toward parenting, but I feel like I have been giving less than 100, even. I've been absent. I owe my kids better, and I owe myself to be the parent I really want to be.

Mama: I L.O.V.E being a mama. It's my favorite. I look forward to checking in on the anxieties that prevent me from living my favorites. Finding out I was going to be a mom was my initial inspiration in life, and it continues to inspire me to give my best and be successful in my endeavors.

to Three: I am so totally outnumbered LOL People sometimes ask me how I do it all (including the internet stuff), and the short answer is that I haven't been. If I wasn't embaressed I would say you should see my house (btw, it's better now :)). With three kids, I'm already one arm short for family hugs, but it's even harder when I have my iPhone in one hand :/

The good news, for you Dear Reader, is that my posts are going to be so much juicier, since they will come from a richer life, from a place inside me that will be needing more than ever to take advantage of the outlet I have before me. That's a tall cup to fill :)) I welcome the challenge and hope we both look forward to the future <3

No comments: