Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Paper Crafting Ideas

Just wanted to share some fun ideas I posted in my old blog, of things I thought sounded really fun to do with paper :))))) As with all things crafty, these are just jumping off points -- we take the ideas and make them our own :)

Kid's Book: the instructions say to use a copy shop, but of course you can homemake that part, too :))

Pounded Flower Prints: I can use this for sooooooo many things!!! How fun :))

Papier-Mâché: This article is for fruit, but you could do all KINDS of things!!!

Paper Mobiles: I am excited about the possibilities with this project!! ). I am going to make some. The materials and instructions are in the link, but gonna share here, so I can add my personalized touches to them. I am thinking about making mosaic-style designs on the paper before or after attaching tithe twine. I am also imagining the beautiful beads one can use, and fun ends it can have, how big or small it can be, the amazing colors that can be used. You can use alternatives to paper, too!

One of my own ideas:
I made some homemade books the other day from the front and back of cereal boxes. I folded them almost in half with a spine and covered the outer part (with the cereal label) with brown packing paper. Then I folded several pieces of paper in half and cut them to fit. Then I ran a strip of tacky glue along the inside of the spine and stuck the folded edges of the papers in and left them to dry overnight. I used different kinds of paper and I was thinking of different ideas for covering or decorating the books: pressed flowers, pictures, doodles, words from a magazine, pictures from a magazine, calendar pictures, basically any kind of scrapbooking thing. They can also have different purposes: journal, photobook, picture book, story book, nature journal, lapbook, scrapbook, etc. Note: for types of books that will include adding things to it, like a photo album, you will want to use less pages so it closes at the right width. These could make pre-decorated photo books, and then you could send empty ones to family members on Christmas with the intention of sending  pictures and letters/cards are given every month the following year, to be inserted into predecorated slots (letter or card or handprint or whatever on top and pic on bottom -- kind of like an I-owe-you and memory of a year. Very excited about that idea :)

1 comment:

Char Lesie said...

Hi, I happened across your blog and love that paper flower. Do you have a tutorial for making it?

Also, the font is a bit difficult to read. No offense intended, just an honest opinion.