Thursday, February 17, 2011

That Unschool Flavor

Written about a yearago:

I have so many moments each day that just smell and taste like unschooling, moments every day where I am just so excited or content or relieved to be living this unschooling life -- to be making up my own rules and finding my own meaning. It feels so delicious when I take notice of them and appreciate them so much for what they are.
At a craft fair yesterday, and there was this beautiful boy with wild curly dark hair and a big smile roughing around the front waiting for his mom who was also selling at the fair, and Grace says to me, "Doesnt he just have that homeschool flavor about him?" YES!!!!!!!!! He did. And I LOVE that flavor!!! It is a flavor that pulls me back from a moment, so I can appreciate it in contrast to everything else in life... that unschool flavor.

No comments: