Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Climbing the emotional ladder

This is an example of how to do this concerning food. It was shared (years ago) on a list that I am on. Because it isn't about anyone in specific, I think it is safe to share, but if the original author (who I don't remember who it is) objects, please let me know...

"I am disappointed that I couldn't prevent this"

"It feels so overwhelming when I think of all the factors involved"

"It is so frustrating to watch him continue to gain weight"

"I am skeptical that he will want to do anything different"

"BlahBlahBlah...I am so bored of this and want to be more inspired"

"I am liking that my son eats fruit and it feels good to provide him with more options that feel healthy to me. I am also liking how it feels when I am not worrying about his weight and we are just enjoying our time together. I also love it when we go to a park or play a game outside and exercise together just because it is fun and not because he NEEDS to (in an attempt to lose weight."

"I feel hopeful that as my son feels my love and acceptance, he will feel more fulfilled and not need food to do this for him."

"I am eager to find creative ways to support our whole family in being the healthiest and happiest beings we can be."

"I am excited to let go of trying to change my son and instead just enjoy being with him and finding ways we can exercise and eat healthy things together that feel fun and joyous."

"I know that all is well. I trust that all is unfolding perfectly in my family life. I am grateful for the rockets of desire for family health and physical fitness that I am now allowing myself to receive. I can feel the expansion and it feels delicious! I am celebrating how good it feels to see my son through the eyes of my Inner Being/Source! He is a beautiful being and I am so glad he is in my life!"

No comments: