Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

Yesterday, I was a sewin' fool! I made some long-awaited curtains for my room -- well, not THAT long awaited, but when I came up with such a soul-burstingly great idea, it has felt like a long time to have to wait. The sun comes through this window in the morning, and it is one of the things I really look forward to in the mornings. I have never been a sun-worshipper before. I have reveled in the moon, in night, darkness, and cold. I think I got my fill this winter, and with Yule, I have been calling the sun back into my life. So, here they are, to celebrate the returning sun in my window and on the earth and in my life...


They were made from about 10 different batik fabrics, picked because they are my favorites, and because I just knew they would look like stained glass in the window in the mornings. I was right :)) They do. I had turned on the Beatles in my iTunes and got busy. I ended up putting the following song on repeat toward the end, because it was just too perfect to do otherwise. Can you see why I picked that song? Can you imagine how I felt making these? No frustration, just all smiles, even when I hit a snag in my first-attempt-to-ever-design-and-make-curtains experience :) It was amazing ♥ I am so in love with these curtains -- I can see us growing old together. I have never felt that way about anything before, ever -- never even thought about that before. These curtains are so special ♥

1 comment:

mb said...

i adore the curtains. these are simply gorgeous!!!