Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day of Love

There are many perspectives on Valentine's Day, and I've shared any of them at some point in life. Currently, I look for opportunities to celebrate life, and I welcome opportunities to remember the importance of connecting with loved ones. I took this Valentine's Day more seriously than any other I have lived through :) In fact, I am declaring this Love Week in our home. We are celebrating 7 days of love. Yesterday was the big day for me to share with my children how much I love them, and I am taking one person from my life who I love deeply and want to connect with, and reaching out to them each day of this week.

I had a theme for my love gift to my daughter: self-love. I had the great idea of writing love letters to ourselves, and I had a great little "celebrate self" idea (write an adjective on a small post-it-note and stick them on the mirror she looks at herself in, in a heart shape). I went a little wild with making her bathroom a self-lovin' shrine:







This one is a quote from this song that goes along the whole top of the room!

After her special valentine, I made some envelop-shaped goodie bags for the kids:


Then we went to the beach and hung out with a dear family from our radical unschooling group:

When did she suddenly become so grown and beautiful?








"wild child", for Kassidy from her friend :))

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a great start to your "Love week" !! A beautiful post.

mb said...

love this. wow kass really is grown. my goodness!!! beautiful young woman. :) you are such a loving mama.

Nova said...

Thank you, Both <3 And yes, Kass is SUCH a young woman <3