Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dear Facebook Friends and Family,

I joined Facebook to connect with you, my loved ones, not to create or partake in any kind of dissention with you. I want to feel closer to you and all of the people I like and love, not drive wedges made of "differences" (even though I prefer to see it as the diversity of similarities).

As any of you can attest to, Facebook is very easy to lose one's time in! I spend time all day posting statuses, pictures, and links to stuff I love, and checking all of your statuses, pictures, and interesting links out, too -- not to mention all the whole-hearted commenting!! And Facebook has actually only been 1 large part of this giant internet center of gravity I've created.

So, I have hit my "too much" mark (well, I ignored it for far too long, and so am backtracking greatly!), and I have deeply renovated my internet time over the last few days. I've deleted memberships to every site or group online that I was in (except for Facebook), and I've unsubscribed to about 98% of the rest of my time online -- it's just my blog, Facebook, a couple local homeschool groups, and a handful of friends'/beloved blogs. I want to live life from the inside out with my kids, and I want to be present with them. I'm sure you can understand and probably relate <3 (it's why I love you :))

So, I'm not going to be posting statuses and pictures to Facebook anymore, only SOME updates from my blog. Back to the connection, not dissent bit from the beginning:

I know my blog (and my interests) aren't for everyone - and they aren't meant to be. So, I am not going to continue sharing every post I make on my blog onto Facebook -- if you want to see the juicey stuff, please subscribe to my blog (if you can't figure out how to, contact me and I will help you :))).

Otherwise, I will only post to Facebook updates on my blog that are what I call "snapshots of our life" (basically the statuses and pics) :) I think some of you will want to know what we are up to (the way I will be stopping by Facebook at times to check in on you), so I will post that.

My goal is to make your journey into my internet expression of our life (my blog) more comfortable for you. I hope this works :)) I care very much about my connections with the loved ones in my life, and I want to post everything on here so people who aren't on Facebook can stay updated on us, too :) I just love having a "one-stop shop" for everything :)) So, I hope this helps us to stay connected. And please feel free to leave comments on my blog posts -- I will make it available for non-bloggers to be able to :)

Peace ♥ See you around ♥

1 comment:

ReGenerative LIving said...

I'm glad your on facebook, btw, this is Kim. :)