Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Conflict Resolution aka Community/Communication Tips

These are some ideas I have had about constructive interactions (modified from being Internet-oriented, and trying to apply to all of life)...

Be aware of how what you are saying could be interpreted by people, especially ones with a differing opinion. Be aware that you are presenting opinions based on your life experience, your truth, not THE truth.


What you may be taking issue with "from someone else" may be a reflection of something inside you that you may want to explore; if you are at peace with yourself, it is difficult to find conflict with others; and you are only responsible for yourself.

Debates and disagreements happen, and I think a LOT of growth can come from that. I don't feel an authority of some type needs to step in, but maybe more voices/perspectives might help find peace and clarity?

I understand creating a safe space, and there are reasonable extents to do this without impeding upon the natural order of things. I am not aiming to encourage debates or conflict, but to understand that they do happen and that I trust we can navigate and negotiate them.

No comments: