Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Tribe

One of the things I want to do right now is start building a Tribe. I believe strongly in tribal living -- and in the very least, a supportive community. It nourishes my soul in the everyday, and supports me to take brave new steps in this adventure of life -- and I know I'm not the only one. I want to co-create a tight-knit community of kindreds. I want to chronicle the bits and pieces of my journey, to explore concepts that have to do with building a tribe, to collect information on building and cultivating thriving existing intentional communities, and maybe to inspire others in their own journey toward tribal living.

I already have some posts in the category "building a Tribe", but since I am not going to have a seperate blog for doing this, I am going to get more intentional on this blog about building my tribe. So, let me start at the beginning:
Wanted:
Locally: a dedicated group of soulful people to gather with in homes and public spaces, to live life with, to learn with, to create art with, to dance with, to craft with, to cook with, to co-op with, to cry with, to laugh with, to celebrate with, to journey with, to share birth stories and experiences with, to talk all day and late into the night with, to observe and cherish sibling-like relationships between all of our kids with, to have a book club with, to do yoga in the park with, to offer to teach and share our talents with, to support each other, to build and construct life with, to grow passions with, to be open to changing and/or adding to this list with as our Tribe grows and changes.

Worldwide: people who share my values and interests, to pool and explore concepts and resources with. I validate an internet Tribe, and a worldwide Tribe.

No comments: